The Town Clerk Office provides limited Notary Services as a courtesy to Ledyard residents. There is no fee for Ledyard residents for simple, non-commercial notarial actions up to 2 signatures. Non-residents are charged $5 for simple notarial actions.
Important PointsImportant points to remember if you are requesting notarization from this office:
- The Town Clerk’s office does not notarize documents pertaining to the following legal actions:
- Wills (We advise that wills should be executed under the guidance of an attorney.)
- Blank documents
- Child custody
- Documents that will be recorded on the Ledyard land records
- I-9 Forms
- Powers of attorney
- When notarizing a document, if the notary does not know the signer personally, the signer must provide the notary with at least 2 forms of identification containing the individual’s signature, at least one of which contains the signer’s photograph or physical description.
- Your signing of the document must be witnessed by the notary.
- You are responsible for providing the required witnesses.