Liquor Permits

Anyone selling liquor in the State of Connecticut must have a liquor permit displayed on the premises.

The Liquor Control Commission of CT issues a liquor permit to the applicant; here is the link for this information:

If the business will be operating in Ledyard, this permit must be brought to the Town Clerk’s Office for filing and stamping.  A fee of $20.00 is collected.  A copy of the permit is made for the Town Clerk’s records.  The original certificate is returned to the applicant and must be displayed at the place of business.

Businesses operating on the Mashantucket Indian Reservation file the liquor permit with the Office of the Tribal Clerk, 101 Pequot Trail, PO Box 3060, Mashantucket, CT  06338-3060; 1-860-396-6618.